Combine your expertise in fundraising with your passion for making a life-changing impact on the lives of children in this influential role at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area. BBBSBA is a dynamic mentoring agency that provides Bay Area youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships. We are seeking a highly qualified Director of Individual Giving to serve as a front-line fundraiser supporting the organization's development efforts. The Director of Individual Giving will cultivate individual donors, oversee donor research, and will be part of a team working on successful fundraising, cultivation and recognition events. If you want to work alongside a great group of co-workers in a professional, yet relaxed, agency environment, then please read below on how to apply.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, this individual will be primarily responsible for the strategy and implementation to strengthen BBBSBA’s capacity for individual giving through direct mail, in person solicitation, and digital strategies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage a portfolio of individual prospects, with focus on securing annual gifts in the $1,000-$10,000 range, with emphasis on face-to-face prospect meetings.
- Expand and implement the annual giving program. Manage all appeal campaigns, including production of collateral, and monitor on-line giving initiatives.
- Create and manage a donor and prospect stewardship program for gifts in the $1,000-$10,000 range. Additional major gift cultivation and stewardship as needed.
- Oversee employee giving and matching gift activity.
- Develop a monthly giving program.
- Provide prospect research.
- In conjunction with the VP of Development and contract event planner, supports the organization's annual gala.
- In conjunction with the VP of Development, supports several smaller cultivation and fundraising events.
- In conjunction with Director of Community Engagement, is a liaison to third-party fundraisers.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the development field
- A proven record in annual/individual gift fundraising with experience in face-to-face solicitation
- The candidate selected for this position must successfully pass a background check.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills, including experience in writing direct mail appeals, e-appeals, websites, and social media communications
- Experience cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and growing fundraising programs
- Prospect research experience; provide thorough data analysis and appropriate recommendations
- Ability to plan and implement special events
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Salesforce
This is a permanent, full time exempt position and includes a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 403(B) savings plan, flexible spending account, and generous paid time off. The position is located in our downtown San Francisco office (BART accessible) and requires occasional travel within our five-county region and occasional weekend hours.
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Mission:
To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Vision:
That all children achieve success in life.
Changing Perspectives. Changing Lives.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has been providing Bay Area youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships in San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Alameda, and Contra Costa Counties since 1958. Headquartered in San Francisco, BBBSBA has additional program offices in Oakland and Milpitas. The annual budget of $2.3M is entirely based on fundraising.
- Related Keywords:
- Individual giving manager, fundraiser, fundraising, donors, donor, CRM, Salaesforce, Raiser's Edge, donations, employee giving, direct appeals, development, appeal campaigns, giving initiatives, prospects, stewardship, stewardship programs, direct mail appeals, email campaigns, non profit