Medrio needs you to join our agile software development team as our database guru. You will work with a dedicated team of software engineers, testers, IT and product managers to take Medrio’s software platform to meet Medrio’s fast growth and customer needs. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented database developer to leverage their experience and expand their technical horizons as you build leading Enterprise-level SaaS solutions in the healthcare industry. In this challenging role, you will utilize your SQL, T-SQL abilities to develop our industry-leading product as you collaborate with a team of skilled professionals. We are an established, rock solid company with a leading software solution and plenty of chances for the motivated developer to advance their career technically and professionally.
In order to succeed, you will need in-depth experience with SQL and T-SQL, have worked with high-volume web applications, and possess the collaboration skills to work effectively with other members of our engineering team, QA, support team, and product managers. Our fast-paced environment is conducive to innovation and we reward our engineers with new and exciting projects, technical and professional advancement and the ability to research and implement the latest technologies on a daily basis. If this sounds like a match for you, please join us and apply today!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Optimize the database schema of the Medrio application for throughput and response times
- Design and implement data structures for new functionality and restructure existing data structures to increase performance, write queries and stored procedures
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on database design to the engineering team
- Ensure all database entities are properly tested for new functionalities/changes considering the performance benchmarks.
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as design and test plans
- Oversee the Medrio database application in all environments, development, staging and production
- Identify bottlenecks in database performance in production environments on a continuous basis
- Manage changes to the production environment servers according to company guidelines
- Proactively monitor development databases to identify the issues
- Administering and monitoring systems to ensure availability and performance
- Performing scheduled maintenance on systems following defined schedules and procedures
- Upgrading database to newer version
- Participate in team meetings
Skills/Areas of Experience:
- BS Degree and 5+ years of database design and implementation in a SaaS or high throughput client/server environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience possible.
- A strong desire to learn and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong understanding of and experience with relational schema design
- Strong knowledge of and experience using T-SQL/ SQL Server 2012
- Solid experience with performance tuning SQL Server 2012
- Understanding ADO.NET usage patterns within a .NET Web application
- Working knowledge of XML
- Experience with ORM frameworks and their use with SQL Server
- Not required but helpful:
- Sql server 2016
- Experience working in an agile environment (SCRUM)
- Experience with NoSQL databases like CouchbaseDB, MongoDB
- Knowledge of clinical research data standards such as CDISC ODM
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Splunk (BI tool)
Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to the people who need them. We automate the clinic trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition: 75% lower cost, setup in days rather than months, and much better ease of use. Founded in 2005 we are privately owned, profitable, and are currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees.
We offer several advantages over other Bay Area technology companies:
- We are conveniently located two blocks from downtown BART stations;
- We have an awesome office, replete with foosball, ping pong, and kitchen stocked full of healthy snacks;
- We hold a company-wide, beer friendly standup once per week;
- We believe in wellness! Employees have access to a gym membership, covered healthcare, work/life balance, including flexible work schedules with some work from home time, and fun monthly events.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. Our team members are focused on results. We are looking for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creativity in problem solving applied to making complex problems easy to understand.
- Related Keywords:
- database, SaaS, SQL, T-SQL, relational schema, agile, data