Stanford Global LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the Network Manager in Nairobi, Kenya.
Seed Transformation Program Background:
Building on Stanford's decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley, Stanford Seed brings this innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in Africa.
The 6-month Seed Transformation Program (STP) curriculum is customized for founders and senior leaders of high-potential small and medium-sized companies in developing economies who have the potential to, and are committed to, growing and scaling their businesses.
In 4 week long, highly interactive sessions over six months, leaders/founders will be exposed to, and deploy, tools and methodologies to help grow and transform their businesses.
In seeking transformative growth of businesses, traditional classroom learning is not enough. That is why the STP program is built to be highly interactive, and to allow leaders to both discover and apply the tools and methodologies that will help them transform their businesses.
Following each of the 4-week long curriculum sessions, leaders/founders will share their learning with their management teams through Stanford Seed facilitated workshops. Leaders and their teams will also work on projects designed to plan for the growth and scale of their companies. By the end of the 6 months, each leader/founder will complete a Transformation Capstone: a plan for growth and scale of his/her business.
The Network Manager is responsible for managing and executing Stanford Seed East Africa’s engagement initiatives with graduates of the Seed Transformation Program (STP).
The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
- In collaboration with Stanford Seed leadership, manage ongoing engagement strategy for STP graduates across East Africa.
- Serve as the chief Stanford Seed contact for STP graduates, and manage all communications with STP graduates regarding the Transformation Network and their ongoing relationships with Stanford Seed.
- Facilitate the execution of frequent Transformation Network events, including networking sessions, speaker series, reunions, etc.
- Provide support to regional Transformation Network chapters (event support, scheduling, member management, etc.).
- Manage communications with Transformation Network through virtual online community-management tools, intended to organize, engage, and cultivate Transformation Network members.
- Lead Seed impact data collection efforts, by formulating and executing strategies to collect critical company growth data from Transformation Network members.
- Alongside regional team, assist with the recruitment of new Stanford Seed Transformation Program participants. Execute new STP participant recruitment efforts including assistance interviewing applicants, conducting site visits, and other admissions processes.
- Assist Seed’s Director of Communications with select marketing and communications campaigns in East Africa.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree at an accredited university and at least 6 years’ relevant experience in alumni relations, program management, marketing, event planning, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An advanced level of fluent English skills both oral and written
- Advanced knowledge of East African culture, history and business etiquette
- Computer proficiency with skill in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at fostering and maintaining effective collaboration, trust, teamwork and respect
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- At the time of hire must be legally authorized to work in Kenya
- Must comply with all visa, work authorization, and tax related laws and regulations as a condition of employment
- Position is benefits eligible subject to applicable Kenya/US laws, regulations and Stanford University policy
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 August 2017
STARTING DATE: 1 October 2017
For more information about the Seed program, please visit https://seed.stanford.edu/
Stanford University is one of Silicon Valley's largest and unique employers. Our mission is to educate future leaders and promote interdisciplinary, world-class research and teaching. This passion makes Stanford an intensely creative, rewarding, and challenging place to work. At the same time, our traditions of respect and collaboration sustain a humane, supportive environment in which to pursue your life and your career. Our full-time employees also enjoy a very competitive benefits package. Please visit: benefits.stanford.edu
- Related Keywords:
- Higher Education, Stanford, Accra, Kenya, Network Manager, University, Business, Marketing, Alumni Relations, Event Planning, East Africa