“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said…but people will never forget how you made them feel”. ~ Maya Angelou
Are you passionate about helping others and making the world a better place? Do you have a fun and silly side? Do you love working with children? Do you dream of being a teacher, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, counselor, marriage and family therapist, early childhood specialist, nurse, doctor, or special education teacher?
Our Award-Winning team would love to have you join us!
Pay range is $13-17 / hour for flexible part-time work while you are in school!
The Behavior Assistant is an entry level position to let you get incredible experience and serve a growing need in our community. All you need is a high school diploma and to be awesome!
What You Get:
- Intensive and ongoing training and support to teach you how to be work effectively and confidently with children with Autism
- Ability to work with a growing demographic of children and teaching them communication, social, safety, and play skills, as well as appropriate behaviors in their home or community setting.
- Flexible part-time hours to work around your busy schedule.
- It is a perfect way to gain related experience for those in college studying education, counseling, or joining the medical field.
- Confidence of knowing you are making a difference in the life of a young child.
- Competitive Pay, Great Benefits and Lots of Opportunities for Growth
At Discover Hope, our mission is to inspire pivotal growth and hope in the lives of children with Autism and related disorders, their families, and our team. We provide in home behavioral health treatment using the methodology of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
We are dedicated to providing a fun and caring work environment characterized by integrity and humility, which enables us to provide excellent services to our clients. Discover Hope is a "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies to Work for" WINNER for 2016!
Join us in achieving our goal of changing the lives of 12,000 children by 2045! Would you partner with us to this growing need in the community?
Average Behavior Assistant Day
- Behavior Assistants drive to client’s homes, preschools, or after school programs and work 1:1 with clients for sessions, which are usually 2 hours in length.
- During the session, the Behavior Assistant works on a number of individualized goals with the child, embedding them naturally and creatively in different play activities, and takes data on how the child is progressing towards their goals.
- Our clients have so much fun during these sessions; they often are waiting at the front door for their Behavior Assistant to arrive and play with them!
- Often our team tell us they “get paid to play and teach new skills!”
We are based in Fremont, CA and serve clients in 3 regions: Fremont (Fremont, Newark, Union City), Hayward (Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo), and Santa Clara (San Jose, Santa Clara, Campbell, Cupertino, and Sunnyvale). We primarily work after-school hours and Saturdays.
- You must like laughing and having fun!
- You must be a person of integrity.
- You must love working with children, be able to take initiative and work independently.
- You must be able to learn quickly and accept feedback.
- You must have reliable personal transportation and a clean driving record.
- You must be able to pass a detailed background check.
- You must be able to sit on the floor, squat, kneel, run around, and lift materials.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalency.
- You must have availability during our peak client times (Mon-Fri 3-7:30PM and Saturdays 9AM-3PM).
- Bilingual a plus!
- Experience working with children is a plus!
- Competitive Pay ($13-17/hour depending on education and experience)
- Medical and dental benefits for full time employees (20+ hours/week)
- FREE Leadership Development Training Program
- Paid drive time and mileage
- Supportive and fun co-workers
- Changing the lives of young children through play
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Ready to love where you work, feel cared for, and really make a difference in your community?
You’ll love working here! We guarantee it.
Discover Hope is a small, family-style business dedicated to providing high quality behavioral services and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) in regions of the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to make a lasting impact on families touched with disabilities or behavior disorders. We use the research-based, proven principals of ABA to promote appropriate behavior such as communication, social skills, independent living skills, and academics, and to decrease problem behaviors that interfere with a child's ability to live a happy, successful, and independent life. Discover Hope emphasizes communication, collaboration, and inspiration in all services that we provide.
- Related Keywords:
- teacher, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, counselor, marriage and family therapist, early childhood specialist, nurse, doctor, special education, part-time