As the Timbuk2 Retail Store Manager, you will bring our passion for bike, bags, and made-to-order manufacturing to life in the Denver community. You're a creative person with acute operational focus and a passion for connecting with customers, employees, and the community. You live and breathe the Timbuk2 brand and infect customers with Timbuk2's spirit and energy. You are a bold leader with your finger on the pulse of Denver, a Timbuk2 bag on your back, a knack for motivating sales folks, and a burning desire to explode Timbuk2 in a new market.
Born, bred and here to stay. We were born in a San Francisco garage and bred on the backs of messengers in the city streets. And we still manufacture our custom bags in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District. For 20 years, we’ve been building bags and accessories for urban adventures with a simple philosophy – create good-looking, tough-as-Hell bags you can truly make your own.
What you'll be doing in this role
Sales Generation/Manage Budget
- Work with HQ to develop and execute local sales strategies in order to achieve sales goals
- Create a Results Driven and Customer Focused sales culture
- Analyze and identify business trends, communicate best sellers and missed opportunities and manage/solve inventory problems
- Manage overall store profitability.
- Drive and position Timbuk2 custom bag business in the market.
- Create and implement unique local marketing and events to drive awareness and traffic to the store.
- Network within the community to grow brand awareness within the market.
- Utilize Social Media to connect with local customers and merchants.
Work within the Timbuk2 brand guidelines to best communicate the various product stories according to the marketing calendar and seasonal product forecast
- Work with the Timbuk2 Marketing team to develop on-brand, memorable creative assets for use in-store.
- Ensure that visual merchandising standards and cleanliness are met.
Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
Effectively manage inventory by selecting relevant products and quantities for the local market.
Perform in-depth analysis of sales results by category, style, and color
Ensure all cash handling and loss prevention policies and procedures are enforced
Ensure all paperwork is completed promptly with attention to detail
Maintain procedures for receiving stock shipments, transfers and handling defective merchandise
- Recruit, interview and hire quality staff
- Minimize turnover through developing well rounded associates.
- Give critical and timely feedback to the team as necessary.
- Model appropriate sales behaviors and train staff on daily operations, product knowledge and sales techniques
- Consistently identify and document employee performance
- Create an exceptional customer service experience by understanding customer expectations and exceeding them
- Communicate consumer needs and issues to HQ on an “as needed basis”
- Maintain customer loyalty by handling warranty returns and recycled products.
- Create a sales environment conducive to customizing show-stopping bags.
The Qualifications You’ll Need to Rock this Role
- 5+ years previous retail experience including at least 3 years Store Management experience
- College degree or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and forge a path
- Strong action orientation, and the desire to make an impact daily.
- Unstoppable drive for results
- Experience managing all operational, merchandising, sales and stock activities for a specialty retailer
- Experience with multiple stores of the same chain and setting up new stores a plus.
- Excel skills and huge comfort with numbers, business analysis and inventory forecasting
- Attention to detail and ability to follow-through without a kick in the pants
- Positive track record leading staff and responding positively to change, ambiguity and adversity.
- High tolerance for stress mixed with a strong sense of urgency and a healthy dose of detail obsession.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and managing a happy, productive team.
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds.
- Flexibility to visit San Francisco frequently for meetings and training.
- Proven ability to persevere when confronted by obstacles.
- Related Keywords:
- store manager, district manager, regional manager, retail, department store, big box, staff, hire, train, sales, marketing, promotions, merchandising, inventory, Excel, procedure, policy