East Central College has an opening for a part time Biology/Chemistry Lab Assistant at the Rolla campus responsible for providing routine laboratory tasks to assist faculty with lab preparations and disposal of waste.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.) Completion of Associate's degree in biology or related field with equivalent coursework in Biology and Chemistry.
- Prepare materials and assemble, disassemble, clean and store equipment needed for individual and group laboratory experiments.
- Schedule preparation of lab experiments.
- Store and dispose of hazardous wastes using safety procedures.
- Assist in informing faculty and staff of proper hazardous waste disposal procedures.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets in an organized, accessible fashion.
- Enforce lab safety codes in all science lab areas to assure student and employee safety.
- Communicate with science faculty regarding special needs and maintenance of laboratory facilities.
- Maintain inventory system of all science supplies and special equipment
- Coordinate purchasing of all science supplies and special equipment with division chair.
- Coordinate maintenance of laboratory equipment (service or replace).
- Make appropriate recommendations for cost effective utilization of allocated resources.
- Maintain a reference library of scientific catalogs, instruction manuals, keys, troubleshooting guides, and operation and parts manuals for laboratory equipment and models as requested.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
East Central College is an equal opportunity employer.
East Central College is a community college located on 200 acres in Union, MO and is located about 60 minutes from metropolitan St. Louis. East Central College offers courses and programs at off-campus locations in Washington and two locations in Rolla to bring educational opportunities to growing number of students. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer, technical education or allied health program. East Central College employs 75 full time faculty, 128 full time professional and support staff, 35 part time employees and on average 120 adjunct instructors along with student workers at the main campus in Union and satellite locations in Rolla and Washington.
- Related Keywords:
- Lab assistant, biology, chemistry, assistant, college, union, community college, rolla, higher education,