The Finance Manager position is responsible for managing accounting, financial planning and analysis and management reporting aimed at supporting growth and key strategic decisions. The Finance Manager will develop actionable business KPI’s, dashboards and variance analysis, and will prepare clear and accurate budgets, forecasts and ad hoc financial and business reporting as needed. This position works with all areas of the business, and the successful candidate will act as true business partner to provide value-added support and management reporting across the organization. The Finance Manager will actively participate in continual process improvement initiatives as well as play a key role in managing the annual budgeting process.
Experience in implementing or supporting automated solutions and an ability to understand the linkages between financial, timekeeping and project and/or resource management systems and data would be a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience;
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven ability to drive process improvement and implement best in class systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-discipline team.
- Ability to analyze contracts and build financial models around them.
- Advanced to expert skill level with Excel. Pivot tables along with complex spreadsheet modeling are required.
- Has the ability and confidence to get into the detail of finance systems at a transactional level.
- Executive level presentation and facilitation skills.
- Clear and precise written and verbal communication skills. (Writing samples will be requested.)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office Suite, especially MS Word, and MS PowerPoint;
- Flexibility to grow with the organization and to assume new and expanded responsibilities;
- BS or BA in a Finance or Accounting with competencies in the other in which there is no degree.
- Ability to quickly learn about and use new software, technology and processes.
PERSONAL ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to develop projects, completes tasks on time, solves roadblocks and address issues before they become problems;
- Collaborative approach and appreciation/enjoyment working as part of a team;
- Exceptional organizational abilities and aggressive attention to detail;
- Rigorous time management;
- Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules, pressure & deadlines;
- Prioritization skills and ability to multi-task;
- Personable, professional and calm demeanor;
- Patience and flexibility;
- Incredible interpersonal skills and can-do attitude;
- Sense of humor and work-life balance;
- Belief that a small group of motivated individuals can truly change the world for the better;
- Willingness to think and act creatively.
The XPRIZE Foundation is an educational (501c3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring about radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity, thereby inspiring the formation of new industries and the revitalization of markets that are currently stuck due to existing failures or a commonly held belief that a solution is not possible. The Foundation addresses the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. It motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital.
Founded in 1995, the XPRIZE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the leading organization solving the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. The organization motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital for the benefit of humanity. The XPRIZE Foundation conducts competitions in five Prize Groups: Education; Exploration; Energy & Environment; Global Development; and Life Sciences. Prizes won include the $10 million Ansari XPRIZE for private, suborbital space flight; the $10 million Progressive Insurance Automotive XPRIZE for creating safe, affordable, production-capable vehicles that exceed 100 MPGe (energy equivalent); the $2 million Northrop Grumman Lunar Lander X CHALLENGE for advanced rocket development; and the $1.4 million Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE for highly effective, ocean surface oil spill cleanup methods. Active prizes include the $30 million Google Lunar X PRIZE, the $10 million Archon Genomics XPRIZE presented by Express Scripts, and the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE, and the $2.25 million Nokia Sensing X CHALLENGE. For more information, go to www.xprize.org
XPRIZE and YOU
We offer a full range of employment benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and employee assistance programs. Most of our benefits are open to regular full-time employees and their spouses and or domestic partners. Along with these benefits we offer a competitive salary, a year-end discretionary bonus program, and a generous paid vacation and sick day program.
Our goals are as lofty as they come; where only through entrepreneurial persistence and visionary thinking are solutions to seemingly insurmountable social, technological and environmental issues made possible. While we externally strive to create a better world, we are internally working to build a culture that supports the kind of passionate, forward thinking people we need to help deliver radical breakthrough solutions to today's most critical and meaningful challenges. To this end, we are innovating together in our new cutting edge work environment in Culver City, CA to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity.
- Related Keywords:
- financial planning, accounting, ad agencies, financial analysis, finance