The Event Manager (EM) provides a critical and strategic function to the marketing organization. The Manager will primarily act as the lead project manager for key fundraising events throughout the year as well as other key Foundation program events.
He/she will ensure flawless delivery at every detail, while driving to the larger objective of building the XPRIZE Foundation as an experience brand. The Manager will work cross departmentally to translate internal client’s needs, scope and budget projects, and develop executional event plans. He/she will identify and resolve challenges, build and maintain timelines and communications plans so that all team members are aligned.
This is a high energy, multiple-project based position and organizational and leadership skills will be the keys to success. The Event Manager must assess event goals, run meetings in preparation of the events, manage the costs and vendors associated with events, and act as the liaison between the internal teams and external service providers. The goal of this position is to become a trusted and strategic partner to proactively develop the “right” experiences to express our master brand and sub brands.
- Works with the Sr Director of Events to portfolio plan against a calendar year for fundraising events
- Leads teams in the development of event creative design
- Translates the goals and objectives of meetings and events into positive, relevant and effective experiences
- Develops relationships, procurement standards and best practices with key suppliers to ensure strategically designed experiences that maximize return on investment and objectives
- Presents cost benefit analysis, event ROI, and overall qualitative review of each event
- Provides resources and tools for cross departmental teams to assist them in developing full execution plans including guest management, venue logistics, speaker/VIP protocols, vendor deliverables
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations about plans of records and all logistics to internal customers
- Advises and steers development of large/key fundraising event platforms
- Provides logistical organization and implementation; including budget management, schedules, contract negotiation, hotel bookings, team travel/transportation, and pre-event site visits
- Manages contractual process and secures cost value savings while reducing liabilities and risk exposures
- Hires and supervises all event vendors event staff and engage event specialists/consultants
- Develops, manages and executes master event logistical plan and timeline; assigns/delegates tasks to staff and volunteer teams; evaluate, analyze and report results for each event
- Utilizes resources effectively and efficiently to successfully manage multiple planning activities
- 8 – 10 years experience as lead producer of events
- Previous experience at an experiential agency or in house (client side) events team
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and reconcile budgets
- History of flawless delivery of project on time and on budget that results in repeat business with clients
- Knowledge of audio visual/technical production specifications
- Logistics experience to include hotel contract negotiations
- Ability to create compelling presentations and design documents
- Executive level presentation and facilitation skills. Clear and precise written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office Suite, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience in corporate and private philanthropy and/or non-profit foundations
- Experience producing events for Fortune 500 technology-driven organizations
- Knowledge of graphic design, video production, technical management, show calling/stage managing
PERSONAL ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A leader with advanced influencing skills
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to develop projects, completes tasks on time, solves roadblocks and address issues before they become problems
- Collaborative approach and appreciation/enjoyment working as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational abilities and aggressive attention to detail
- Rigorous time management
- Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules, pressure & deadlines
- Prioritization, delegation skills and ability to multi-task
- Personable, professional and calm demeanor
- Patience and flexibility
- Incredible interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Sense of humor and work-life balance
- Belief that a small group of motivated individuals can truly change the world for the better
- Willingness to think and act creatively
The XPRIZE Foundation is an educational (501c3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring about radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity, thereby inspiring the formation of new industries and the revitalization of markets that are currently stuck due to existing failures or a commonly held belief that a solution is not possible. The Foundation addresses the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. It motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital.
Founded in 1995, the XPRIZE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the leading organization solving the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. The organization motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital for the benefit of humanity. The XPRIZE Foundation conducts competitions in five Prize Groups: Education; Exploration; Energy & Environment; Global Development; and Life Sciences. Prizes won include the $10 million Ansari XPRIZE for private, suborbital space flight; the $10 million Progressive Insurance Automotive XPRIZE for creating safe, affordable, production-capable vehicles that exceed 100 MPGe (energy equivalent); the $2 million Northrop Grumman Lunar Lander X CHALLENGE for advanced rocket development; and the $1.4 million Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE for highly effective, ocean surface oil spill cleanup methods. Active prizes include the $30 million Google Lunar X PRIZE, the $10 million Archon Genomics XPRIZE presented by Express Scripts, and the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE, and the $2.25 million Nokia Sensing X CHALLENGE. For more information, go to www.xprize.org
XPRIZE and YOU
We offer a full range of employment benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and employee assistance programs. Most of our benefits are open to regular full-time employees and their spouses and or domestic partners. Along with these benefits we offer a competitive salary, a year-end discretionary bonus program, and a generous paid vacation and sick day program.
Our goals are as lofty as they come; where only through entrepreneurial persistence and visionary thinking are solutions to seemingly insurmountable social, technological and environmental issues made possible. While we externally strive to create a better world, we are internally working to build a culture that supports the kind of passionate, forward thinking people we need to help deliver radical breakthrough solutions to today's most critical and meaningful challenges. project To this end, we are innovating together in our new cutting edge work environment in Culver City, CA to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity.
The XPRIZE FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE FOUNDATION implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.
- Related Keywords:
- project management, event management, producer, experiential environment, stage management, line production