Do you send bullet-pointed emails to your friends? Do you look for ordering efficiencies at Dim Sum brunches? Then our need for a super efficient, process driven Operations lead may peak your interest.
Are you an operations person with not-so-secret business ambitions? Do you get frustrated by disconnects between operations and other departments (i.e. business!)? Do you crave runway for you and your team to get the job done as you see fit? Are you accustomed to measuring results and ratcheting up targets to push for improvement? Then our Operations lead may be "it" for you.
Do you love San Francisco, all of its quirks, and even the dreaded fog monster? Do you derive unreasonable satisfaction from lunch time options ranging from $7 burritos to $17 pasta? Then Timbuk2's headquarters in San Francisco's Mission district may suit you just fine.
Timbuk2 is looking for a dynamic leader to run our Operations team. You will lead our Operations department and make certain that our customers get the product they need, when they need it. You will monitor forecasting, planning, and purchase of all of our products, and ensure inventory positions meet demand. You'll report to the COO and be challenged every day to bring your best and have a lot of fun while doing it.
Born, bred and here to stay. We were born in a San Francisco garage and bred on the backs of messengers in the city streets. And we still manufacture our custom bags in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District. For 20 years, we’ve been building bags and accessories for urban adventures with a simple philosophy – create good-looking, tough-as-Hell bags you can truly make your own.
We’re like super glue, or a Chinese finger trap (that doesn’t suck); we just stick. We know you don’t need another bag. You need a sidekick, a constant companion. You need a bag that will take the hit when you skid out or literally “bail” you out of a leaky boat. You need a bag that will be a fire blanket for your stuff; a bag that will float your laptop when you’re drunk and your girlfriend drops it in the ocean. We hear you and we get it because we wear Timbuk2 bags too. We’re fully committed to meeting your needs and we’re confident that with your help, we’ll continue creating like-no-other products that don’t kick Mother Nature in the ‘nads.
- Responsible for the Timbuk2 supply chain, soup to nuts.
- Drive a culture of excellence that aligns with Company’s goals and objectives.
- Directly manage Operations team and budget.
- Hyper focus on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for strategic and tactical management of off-site international factories.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators to track and manage the effectiveness of the operation.
- Assist senior management team in the development of long and short term planning, policies, programs, and objectives.
- Manage purchasing plan (the “buy”) based on sales forecasts to efficiently balance fulfillment timing needs with company’s cash flow and inventory turn goals
- Continually monitor inventory positions across channels to ensure proper inventory balancing.
- Maintain daily communication on status of purchase orders with overseas vendors and successfully resolve delivery, quality and other supply chain problems.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field of study or equivalent work
- Broad range of management skills is required with particular emphasis on
- leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, planning, and execution.
- Must demonstrate experience effectively managing salaried staff.
- 5+ years experience Buying, Planning and Forecasting.
- Understanding of supply chain dynamics such as lead times, forecasting, and
- inventory management is mandatory.
- Solid conceptual mathematical skills and experience developing models, pivot
- tables, and v-lookups in Excel; must be able to prepare information in a visually
- compelling manner.
- Problem solver and fast learner, with high degree of initiative and comfortable in a fast paced, energetic environment.
- Comfort learning an ERP or inventory management system; experience with Great Plains inventory management software is a plus.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Position may include some travel.
- Related Keywords:
- Director of Operations, Director of Management, Operations Manager, Manager, strategic planning, production, operational excellence, change agent, budget, material flow, project management, continuous improvement, executive management, buyer/planner, supply chain