This is an ideal opportunity for the skilled Applications Developer to join an established company on the verge of rapid growth. Strongwood Insurance is expanding from a one state carrier to 47 states by the end of 2010. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the cutting-edge web services we offer while working with a highly collaborative team building core applications with Progress as our operating system and database. We encourage and embrace innovation in our environment and your eagerness to contribute your ideas into our technology solutions will be welcomed. Grow with Starwood Insurance as a key member of our development team and expand your technical talents.
As an Applications Developer based anywhere in the U.S., your primary mission will be to build our core applications for underwriting and processing insurance. You will analyze general design requests from IT management, generate detail design, produce software code, test and help implement the new software sub-systems.
- Apply your previous experience working with Progress operating systems and databases to contribute immediately to the development of complex, multi-tiered applications
- Previous technology expertise with Coldfusion, C#, Visual Basic, MySQL or SQL will increase your candidacy
- While not required, familiarity with the insurance or financial services industry and with rules and rating engines will be beneficial as those are key components of our middleware
- Leverage your experience and expertise in maintaining installed system software to support systems after implementation and make modifications as needed
- Utilize your ability to prioritize and plan multiple tasks and assignments within our project-driven environment
- Apply your broad technical skills, innovation and creativity as you complete complex assignments that are typically delegated in terms of objectives and general design rather than specific instructions or priorities
This kind of opportunity to be on the cusp of rapid expansion and make such an impact on a company’s technology does not come along everyday!
Strongwood Insurance Holdings Corp. is one of the nation’s fastest growing providers of property and casualty insurance products and services for small to mid-sized retail agents. Each of the operating units in the Strongwood family of companies is a leader in its niche market. Strongwood’s business model is as remarkably simple as it is effective: We identify and acquire successful businesses, then draw upon our substantial knowledge and resources to accelerate the success of these highly entrepreneurial entities. By design, every operating unit leverages the strengths of its sister companies by providing quality products, maximizing distribution options for these products – always with a relentless customer focus. Simple and effective.
- Related Keywords:
- application, web application, developer, application developer, coldfusion, cold fusion, development, web development, website, Linux, Redhat, Progress, database, coding, testing, developing, implement, apps, app, insurance, P&C, property and casualty, VB, VB.NET, visual basic, C#, SQL, MySQL